Questions to discuss
- What was the film about?
- Who is your favorite character? Why?
- How are people different?
- Is it a good or bad thing to be different?
- Who is Dennis? Can you describe him? What is it that identifies him?
- Why does Dennis feel different?
- Why is Lisa so popular?
- Lisa says "I don't think there should be any rules. I think we should all wear whatever we like". What do you think about this statement? Do you agree or disagree?
- When the whole team wears dresses, is Dennis still different? Why? Why not?
- In what ways are Darvesh and Lisa different?
- How is Darvesh as a friend?
- What is a good friend? How should a good friend be?
- Do you think students should wear school uniforms? Why? Why not?
- Do you like to dress up? Why? Why not?
- What do you think about clothing swaps? Do you like it? Why? Why not?
- Are boys and girls treated in the same way? In school? At home? When they play sports?
- Why do you think Dennis's father has trouble showing feelings?
- How is the relationship between Dennis and his father?
- How is the relationship between Dennis and his brother?
- Which part of the film can help you become a better student?
- What was good about the film?
- Was there something that you did not like? Why?
- Which is your favorite part of the film? Why is it your favorite part?
- Would you recommend the film to a friend? Why? Why not?
- What are the biggest differences between the book and the film?